Update node IP address or hostname
Starting PowerVC 2.0.3, you can update node IP address or hostname.
--help. For example, powervc-opsmgr config changenodeip --help.
- Make sure that all services are up and running before performing powervc-opsmgr config changenodeip.
- powervc-opsmgr config changenodeip is supported only on single node.
- Run powervc-opsmgr config changenodeip command from primary / bootstrap node.
Perform the following steps to update the compute plane node IP address. Make sure that you always use a free IP address.
- Pre-stage: Run nohup powervc-opsmgr config changenodeip -n <New IP that you want to configure> -c <cluster name> -l -p & for pre-stage.
- Manual stage: In this stage, you must manually configure the new IP address.
Complete these steps.
- For RHEL:
- Run vim /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interface name> and update the IP address.
- Run systemctl restart NetworkManager.service to restart network manager.
- Run nmcli con show to fetch the network name.
- Run nmcli con down 'System env2' where
System env2, for example, is the network name. Running this command logs you out.
- By using console, login to the VM and run the nmcli con up 'System env2' command to activate the IP address.
- For SLES:
- Run vim /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-<interface name> and update the IP address.
- Run systemctl restart network.service to restart network.
- Run wicked ifdown <interface name>, where interface name is where the IP is associated with. Running this command logs you out.
- By using console, login to the VM and run the wicked ifup <interface name> command to activate the IP address.
- Run ip a. Make sure the IP address that you are updating is the primary one.
- Update hostname.
hostnamectl set-hostname <FQDN name of the new IP>
<ip> <Full hostname> <Short hostname>
- For RHEL:
- Final stage: Run nohup powervc-opsmgr config changenodeip -n <New IP
that you want to configure> -c <cluster name> -l
& to update the IP address or
powervc-servicesafter performing operation by using powervc-services restart command.
- No other operations can be performed until completion of
- After updating IP address, you can access GUI after 20 minutes.