PCIe4 x16 2-Port EDR 100 GB IB ConnectX-5 CAPI Capable Adapter (FC EC64 and EC65; CCIN 2CF2)
Learn about the specifications and operating system requirements for feature code (FC) EC64 and EC65 adapters.
FC EC64 and EC65 are both the same adapter with different feature codes. FC EC64 is a low-profile adapter and FC EC65 is a full-height adapter.
- Adapter FRU number
- I/O bus architecture
- PCIe4 x16
- Slot requirement
- For details about slot priorities, maximums, and placement rules, see PCIe adapter placement rules and slot priorities and select the system you are working on.
- Thermal requirement
- If you have an 8335-GTG, 8335-GTH, or 8335-GTX system, you might be required to set the thermal mode of the system to a setting other than the default setting, depending on your system, adapter, and cable type. For details, see Determining and setting the thermal mode for an 8335-GTG, 8335-GTH, or 8335-GTX system.
- 3.3 V, 12 V
- Form factor
- Short, low-profile
- Attributes provided
- EDR 100 Gb/s InfiniBand per port
- PCIe4 Support
- IBM® CAPI v2 support
- Tag Matching and Rendezvous Offloads
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization
Operating system or partition requirements
- The latest version of enabling libraries and utilities can be downloaded from the Fix Central website.
- Power Systems Prerequisites website.
- IBM System Storage Interoperation Center (SSIC) website.
- The latest version of the device driver or IBM Power® RAID adapter utilities (iprutils) can be downloaded from the IBM Service and Productivity Tools website.
- For information about important notices for Linux on IBM Power Systems, see the Linux® on IBM website.