Synchronize gestures across widgets
You can now synchronize certain gestures across widgets such as explorations and visualizations.
Much like synchronizing hierarchies, enabling synchronization for a gesture allows the widget to receive the synchronization event. You can use this feature to build a group with widgets that receive different gestures from other widgets in the group.
- Hide (and Unhide all)
- Member keep / hide
Use Member keep / hide to keep or hide the hierarchy in multiple widgets. A hierarchy might be on a row in one widget and a column in another. When you synchronize Keep or Hide, the widgets update based on where the synchronized hierarchy is located in the widget.
- Member expand / collapse
Use Member expand / collapse to expand or collapse a consolidated hierarchy in multiple widgets. A hierarchy might be on a row in one widget and a column in another. When you synchronize Expand/Collapse, the widgets update based on where the synchronized hierarchy is located in the widget.
You can synchronize only those gestures that are symmetric. For example, if you used Target selection (or F7) to make asymmetric selections on rows and columns, you won't be able to synchronize the widgets using Member keep / hide. Similarly, if you expanded or collapsed rows and columns asymmetrically, you can't use Member expand / collapse to synchronize the widgets.
For more information, see Synchronize objects in a book or sheet.
Setting synchronization for gestures
- Select the widgets that you want to synchronize and click Properties.
- Select Synchronize and under Hierarchies, enable Synchronize hierarchies to enable synchronization.
- Expand the Gestures section and enable Synchronize
- To keep or hide a row or column (including unhiding all), enable Member keep / hide.
- To expand or collapse a member, enable Member expand / collapse.