Add a calculation to a view
Member calculations apply to one or more members on either the row or column axis of a view.
About this task
- Rank: ranks the value of the cell, with rank 1 being the highest. This applies to visible numeric values only.
- Absolute value: the non-negative value of the cell.
- Percentage (%) of total: the value as a percentage of the total.
- Percentage (%) of parent: the value as a percentage of the immediate parent.
- Selected member + (plus), -(minus), / (divided by) or * multiplied by a numeric value (or the reverse)
- Member 1 * member 2
- Member 1 + member 2
- Member 1 - member 2
- Member 1 / member 2
- Member 1 % change member 2
- Member 1 % of member 2
You can reverse the members in calculations by tapping
Right-click the row or column label of the member for which you want to create a
To create a calculation on multiple members, use CTRL+click or SHIFT+click to select the member labels, and then right-click on one of the selected member labels.
- Click Calculations, then Create.
- Optionally, enter a name for the calculation. This is the name that will appear as a row or column label in your view. If you don't enter a name, a name is assigned.
- Click the calculation you want to create.
- If you are creating an arithmetic calculation on a single member, enter the required numeric value.
- Click OK.