Installing Cognos TM1 Perspectives
You can install IBM® Cognos® TM1® Perspectives, which is an add-in for Microsoft Excel.
Before you begin
Before you install IBM Cognos TM1 Perspectives, complete the following tasks:
- Install the software that is necessary for you to run Cognos TM1 Perspectives. For more information, see Install the prerequisite software.
- Ensure that the Cognos TM1 Admin Server and the Cognos TM1 Server that you want to connect to are running on an accessible computer in your network. For details, see TM1 Server installation.
- Ensure that users have access to the Cognos TM1 servers that they need to use running under that Cognos TM1 Admin Server. As a Cognos TM1 administrator, you must set up a user name and password for each user before a user can access that server.
About this task
- Install Cognos TM1 Perspectives:
- Right-click the issetup.exe file and click Run as Administrator.
On the Component Selection page, expand TM1 Rich
Tier, and select the TM1 Perspectives check box.
Leave all the other check boxes unselected.
- Follow the prompts and click Finish to complete the installation.
- Run Cognos TM1 Perspectives:
- Click Start > IBM
Cognos TM1 > Perspectives for MS Excel.
If the component does not start, ensure that the servers you started with Cognos Configuration are still running.
- Click Enable Macros when the security warning displays.
- Click Start > IBM Cognos TM1 > Perspectives for MS Excel.
- Configure Cognos TM1 Perspectives to locate a Cognos TM1 Admin Server:
- In Microsoft Excel,
click TM1 > Options.
The TM1 Options dialog box opens.
- In the Admin Host field, specify the name of the computer on which the Cognos TM1 Admin Server is running. If you want to access servers registered on different Admin Servers, use a semicolon to separate the name of each Admin Host. You must enter a name, not an IP address, in the Admin Host field.
- Click OK.
- When prompted about disconnecting from currently accessed servers, click Yes if you want to access a new list of servers. Servers available through Admin Server on the specified Admin Host appear. If you want to continue to see the current list of remote servers during this session, click No.
- In Microsoft Excel, click TM1 > Options.
- Launch Server Explorer.
- Double-click a Cognos TM1 Server to log in.
For either Planning Sample or SData, use these login credentials:
Tip: To load Cognos TM1 Perspectives automatically whenever you start Microsoft Excel, add TM1_location/Tm1p.xla to Microsoft Excel's add-in tool list. The default location is C:\Program Files\IBM\cognos\tm1_64\bin64\. After completing this step, "TM1" displays on the Microsoft Excel menu bar.
- User name: admin
- Password: apple
- If you want to install Cognos TM1 Perspectives on multiple computers, use the previous steps to create an unattended installation that can. For details, see Setting up unattended installations and configurations.