Installing Cognos TM1 APIs
Use the TM1 API installation option to install the required files that enable programmers to work with the Cognos TM1 application programming interfaces (APIs). This installation option can also be installed on Cognos Analytics servers to enable Cognos Analytics reporting against Cognos TM1 data sources.
About this task
This option installs files for the following Cognos TM1 APIs:
- TM1 API
- Allows developers to create custom C, C++, and VB applications that interact with TM1.
- TM1 Java API
- Allows developers to create custom Java applications that interact with TM1.
- TM1 .NET API
- Allows developers to create custom Microsoft .NET applications that interact with TM1.
- Right-click the issetup.exe file and click Run as Administrator to run either the full IBM Planning Analytics installation program or the client-only installation program:
- Select the installation location on the Installation
- If you are planning on using the TM1 APIs for programming, accept the default installation.
- If you are using the TM1 APIs to enable Cognos Analytics reporting against Cognos TM1 data sources, select an adjacent directory on the Cognos Analytics server that is running report services on Microsoft Windows.
- On the Component Selection page:
- Expand the TM1 Client Tier and select the TM1 APIs option.
- Clear the check boxes for all the other components.
- Follow the prompts and click Finish to complete the installation.