You can delete sets that are not currently used in any views.
If you are a TM1 administrator, you can delete any public or private set that you own. If you are not an administrator, you can delete only the private sets that you own.
- Navigation tree
- Set editor
Deleting a set from the navigation tree
- In the navigation tree, locate the set you want to delete.
The path to a set is.
- Right-click the set, then click Delete set.
Deleting a set from the set editor
- From a new experience view, open the set editor.
- Locate the set you want to delete.Note: Unnamed sets such as All roots, All members, and All leaves cannot be deleted.
- In the toolbar on the Available members panel, click
- Click Delete set.
- Click OK to confirm you want to delete the set.