The transaction log file
For example, suppose USR2 makes a change in a number in the xbudget cube on the TM1 server. When this happens, a record is automatically added to the transaction log file. The record contains the following information:
- The date and time the change was made.
- The name of the user who made the change.
- The name of the cube in which the change was made.
- The value before it was changed.
- The value after the change.
- The intersection of the cube that was changed.
This file is used to recover crashed TM1. It also provides a complete audit trail of all changes to the server. ChangeSets are stored in the transaction log to implement the Undo/Redo feature.
Transaction Logging must be turned on using a configuration setting. When transaction logging is enabled, access the transaction log file, by right-clicking the TM1 server in TM1 Architect and choose View Transaction Log.