The Welcome Kit
The IBM® Planning Analytics Welcome Kit file contains a set of account and system information that is unique for your Planning Analytics system.
Download the initial IBM Planning Analytics Welcome Kit
The process for downloading your initial IBM Planning Analytics Welcome Kit is as follows.
- IBM Planning
Analytics administrators receive an email, which
includes an invitation to a Box@IBM folder.
The IBM Planning Analytics Welcome Kit is downloaded from the Box@IBM folder. The folder contains Welcome Kits for all your production and non-production environments, and is named Your_name (Planning Analytics on Cloud).
- To download the Welcome Kit, you need a Box@IBM account.
- If you do not have a Box@IBM account, sign up for an account at https://account.box.com/signup/n/personal. You receive an email with access information from firstname.lastname@example.org. Then you receive a Welcome email from the email@example.com.
- Log in details if you already have a Box@IBM account:
- If you are unable to access Box@IBM, open a support case from the IBM support portal https://www.ibm.com/mysupport/ and ask to receive the IBM Planning Analytics Welcome Kit by email.
- In Box@IBM, you have view permissions to the folder, and you cannot see who has access to the folder. If you want to see a list of people who have access to the Box@IBM account, or to change who has access, open a support case.
- To be notified of a new or changed file in the Welcome Kit, enable email notifications with the
- Log in to your Box@IBM account and go to your Welcome Kit folder.
- Click and select Settings.
- In the Email and Notifications section, select Override default settings for this folder and all subfolders.
- Under Notify me when someone, select Uploads.
- Click Save Changes.
Contents of the Welcome Kit
The information includes the main user account credentials, system addresses, and URLs that you use to connect to one specific Planning Analytics system.
The file for the Planning Analytics Welcome Kit uses the following naming format:
customername - IBM Planning Analytics Welcome Kit date.zip
This video shows you how to use the Welcome Kit:
A typical Planning Analytics system includes the following account and system information:
- Planning Analytics system address
- The unique system address for your Planning Analytics system. Use this information for remote desktop access to your Planning Analytics system.
- Note: Customers provisioned before September 24, 2020 will have the ibmcloud.com domain.You typically have more than one Planning Analytics system address. For example, you might have addresses for non-production and production cloud environments.
- User account names and passwords
- Each Planning Analytics system includes multiple
- Remote desktop user account
- Use this account when you run a remote desktop session on the Planning Analytics system. For example, you use a remote desktop session to run the hosted desktop-based programs such as TM1® Performance Modeler and TM1 Architect.
- The usernames for this account use the format
modelerX. Depending on your exact Planning Analytics system, you might have one or more of these user accounts.
- Subscription administrators can reset passwords for remote desktop user accounts from the Welcome Kit settings page under Administration. When a remote desktop user account password is reset, a new welcome kit automatically downloads with the new password. For more information, see Resetting passwords for remote desktop user accounts.
Important: This user account is only for the TM1 modeler subscription, and not for standard users of TM1.
- Cognos® Command Center agent account
- Username and password for the Cognos Command Center agent.
- Use this account to log in to Cognos Command Center to
work with agents. For more information, see Setting up an agent in the Cognos Command Center server.Note: Cognos Command Center is not available with Planning Analytics Digital Pack.
- The Planning Analytics Welcome Kit contains other information that you can use to work with Cognos Command Center.
- Non-interactive TM1 account
- User account information for use in the LDAP namespace. You can use account information when you have automation tools and processes that are scheduled or require the username and password to be non-interactive.
- Using the following account, a customer can automate processes that involve their Planning Analytics Cloud TM1 server.
- Username: <customer>_tm1_automation
- Password: <generated>
- CAM Namespace: LDAP
- On the Cognos Command Center on-premises server:
- Create a Planning Analytics Cloud Agent by using the Cognos Command Center Agent user (admin) from the welcome kit.
- Create a Planning Analytics Cloud TM1 computing resource by using the new <customer>_tm1_automation from the welcome kit.
- For more information, see Setting up a non-interactive account for use in the LDAP namespace.
- Shared folder account
- Username and password for File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS) and Windows file sharing with the shared folder on your Planning Analytics system.
- Planning Analytics modeling applications
- Use this information for remote desktop access to TM1 Performance Modeler, TM1 Architect, and TM1 Perspectives.
- For example, use a Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Connection with the following format to remotely connect to your Planning Analytics system:
https://customername.planning-analytics.cloud.ibm.comNote: If you are prompted when you start TM1 Performance Modeler, make sure the IBM Cognos TM1 system URL field contains the following URL:
- URLs for Planning Analytics web-browser-based applications
- You can provide these URLs to your users so they can access the related Planning Analytics web-based applications from their web
- Planning Analytics Workspace
https://www.planning-analytics.cloud.ibm.comTip: Your desktop system address is listed in your Welcome Kit. When Remote Desktop Gateway is enabled, the address for your Planning Analytics system is server_namerich.planning-analytics.cloud.ibm.com. The suffix rich must be appended to the server_name.
- Planning Analytics Workspace
- URLs for Planning Analytics web-connected applications
- Use this information to configure a remote data connection for the following application.
- IBM Planning
Analytics for Microsoft Excel
- IBM Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel
- Shared folder information
- User account information for File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS) and Windows file sharing with the shared folder on your Planning Analytics system. This information includes username, password, and addresses assigned to your shared folder.
- For detailed steps about accessing your shared folder, see Managing files in the Planning Analytics shared folder.