Deploying Cognos TM1 Operations Console to use an IBM WebSphere Application Server
Deprecated in v2.0.9 Use the IBM® WebSphere® administrative console to deploy and run TM1 Operations Console on a WebSphere Application Server.
Before you begin
- Install IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Create a profile using the Profile Management Tool.
- Start the WebSphere Application Server using the
profile that you created.
In Microsoft Windows, click.
A command window opens and displays the start up progress. After the start up process is complete, the command window displays the message, "Server started." You can minimize this command window, but do not close it. This window must remain open while WebSphere is running.
- Build the application files using Cognos® Configuration. See Building application files for a WebSphere server. Operations Console and Performance Management Hub are contained in the pmhub.war file.
For information about installing WebSphere and creating a profile, see the WebSphere documentation.
About this task
These steps are based on IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5. The steps for version 8.5 are similar.
Open the WebSphere administrative console.
- In Windows, click . Or, go to https://localhost:9043/ibm/console/.
- In UNIX, click . Or, go to https://localhost:9043/ibm/console/.
Log in using the WebSphere profile that you created.
The administrative console opens.
Set the JVM stack memory size.
- Click .
- Click the server where you are deploying Operations Console.
- Under Server Infrastructure, click .
- Under Additional Properties, click Java Virtual Machine.
In the Generic JVM arguments field, add
Note: Do not deploy Operations Console until you have set the stack memory. If you do so, Operations Console will be deployed but the WebSphere Application Server will not start.
Do not use the startServer.sh file to set the stack memory size. WebSphere removes the
-Xmsosetting from the file when the server starts and overrides it with the default value, which is too small.
- Click Apply, and then click OK. Click Save.
- Click New Enterprise Application. , and then click
- Click Browse to locate and select the pmhub.war file that you generated using the Build Application File command in Cognos Configuration. Click Open.
- Click Next.
- Click Fast Path, and then click Next.
- Click Step 4: Map context roots for Web modules.
- In the Context Root box, enter /pmhub. Click Next.
WebSphere installs the application. This process can take a few minutes to complete.
When installation is complete, WebSphere displays "Application pmhub_war installed successfully."
- Click Save.
- Click .
Select the check box next to pmhub_war, and then click Start.
WebSphere displays "Application pmhub_war on server server_name and node node started successfully. The collection may need to be refreshed to show the current status."
What to do next
The next step is to retrieve SSL certificates from the TM1® Admin Server and TM1 servers.