Installing Cognos Insight from the Cognos TM1 Applications portal
You can install IBM® Cognos® Insight the first time you run the component from the toolbar of the IBM Cognos TM1® Applications portal.
Before you begin
- In a web browser, type the Cognos TM1 Applications portal URI:
For example, http://localhost:9510/pmpsvc
- Replace localhost with the name of the computer where the Cognos TM1 Applications Portal is installed.
- If required, change the port number if you used a different value in IBM Cognos Configuration for the TM1 Application Gateway URI property.
- From the Cognos TM1 Applications portal, click the Open
IBM Cognos Insight icon .
If this is the first time you have used Cognos Insight, the Install Now icon displays to indicate that you are about to install the Cognos Insight client to your computer.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
What to do next
Cognos Insight is now installed in a folder on your computer. You will be able to run and use Cognos Insight in the following ways:
- You can launch Cognos Insight using the Open Cognos Insight icon in Cognos TM1 Applications.
- You can launch the Cognos Insight client by
right-clicking a node of an application that has been configured to use Cognos Insight.
Cognos Insight is available as a client from an application only if you configured the client environment for Cognos TM1 Applications to use the Cognos Insight Connected client. For more information, see Configuring the server and client environment for TM1 Application Web.
- You can launch Cognos Insight as a stand-alone product from the Windows Start > Programs > IBM Cognos Insight menu.