Encrypting files on the cloud before transferring them to on premises
Encrypt a file on cloud and then decrypt the file on your local environment in IBM® Planning Analytics.
Send a service request to IBM Support.
- Attach your public key to the request.
- Request that your public key be imported.
- Connect to the Planning Analytics remote desktop using one of the modeler accounts listed in your Welcome Kit.
- In Planning Analytics, extract data and save it to a server directory (for example, S:\prod\tm1) as the file filename.extension.
- Edit the file demo_encryption.bat.
- Replace email@example.com with the name in your key.
- Replace two instances of the string customer_to_ibm.txt with filename.extension (the file that you want to encrypt).
- On the remote desktop, start Architect, and run the process demo_encryption.pro. The encrypted file, named filename.extension.gpg, appears next to filename.extension.
- Copy the encrypted file filename.extension.gpg from the Planning Analytics server directory to your on premises location.
- Decrypt the file in your on premises location using the PGP application that you installed locally.