Drill through to detailed data
You can click a cell in a cube view and drill through to detailed data in another view to get more detail or information about the selected cell. You can then add both views in the same sheet.
The drill-through view can either be a cube view, or an extract from a relational database.
A drill process and drill assignment rule must be defined for a cell before you can drill through to detailed data. For more information, see Configure drill-through to reveal detailed data.
To add a drill through view to a book, you must be in edit mode. You can preview a drill through view when not in edit mode.
- Right-click the cell that you want to drill through from, and select Drill
The drill through targets are listed.
- Select the drill through target that you want to see. The drill through view opens in a separate view that you can move on the sheet so you can see it next to your original view.
- To add the view to the sheet, click Add to current sheet. Click Cancel to close the view.
- If there are drill through targets to cube views defined in the drilled view, you can drill-though to multiple levels, and you can add one or more views to the sheet.
- To see which cube and TM1 database the view comes from, hover over this button in the view.