Planning Analytics Workspace Distributed
IBM® Planning Analytics Workspace Distributed is an installation of IBM Planning Analytics Workspace that can be deployed in a container orchestration engine for high availability, fail-over, scalability, and fault tolerance. In a production system, you can use a load balancer in front of each Planning Analytics Workspace instance to provide a common endpoint to users.
What is an orchestration engine?
- Deploys and manages containers on a cluster of computers
- Declare resources and their configuration
- Obeys specified constraints (CPU, memory, labels) of the deployment
- Monitors the cluster continuously and ensures its state converges to your declaration
- Popular orchestration engines include OpenShift and Docker Swarm
When you run start.sh to install Planning Analytics Workspace Distributed, you are prompted to select your orchestration engine. You can choose OpenShift or Swarm.