IBM Planning Analytics TM1 Web installation
You can install IBM® Planning Analytics TM1® Web on a computer that is separate from the computer where you installed the TM1 database and other TM1 or Planning Analytics components.
This documentation describes how to install TM1 Web with the IBM Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services installer. If you need details on installing TM1 Web as part of the web tier within the Planning Analytics Local 18.104.22.168 LC or earlier, see Installing the Web Tier.
For a list of frequently asked questions about the TM1 Web deployment introduced with the 2.0.55 SC release, see Changes to TM1 Web deployment.
For conformance documentation that describes compatibility between versions of Planning Analytics TM1 Web, Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel, and Planning Analytics Workspace, see IBM Planning Analytics TM1 Web conformance requirements.
Check for changes to web.xml file
If you are upgrading IBM Planning Analytics TM1 Web to a new version, you install a new version of the web.xml file called web.xml.new and your existing web.xml file is preserved.
To take advantage of fixes applied in the new release, you must use the web.xml.new file and you must reapply any changes that you made to your previous configuration settings. In particular, restore your values for session-timeout.
- Back up the existing web.xml file in <installation_location>/webapps/tm1web/WEB-INF. For example, rename web.xml to web.xml.old. This step backs up your current settings.
- Rename web.xml.new to web.xml. This step uses the new version of web.xml that is supplied with the latest version of TM1 Web.
- Replace the entry for session-timeout in web.xml with
the entry from web.xml.old. This step restores any changes that you made to
this property previously.
<session-config> <session-timeout>20</session-timeout> </session-config>
Install TM1 Web
The following items are an overall checklist for installing TM1 Web.
- Check prerequisites.
- Install TM1 Web.
- Start the IBM Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services service.
- Run and test TM1 Web from your network environment.
- Edit the TM1 Web configuration file to support a multiple computer environment.
- Configure the TM1 Web login page using AdminHostName and TM1ServerName parameters.
- Configure authentication and data transmission security.
- Modify TM1 Web configuration parameters.
- Configure the web browsers in your environment.
- Configure JVM settings for TM1 Web/Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services.