Use Cognos Configuration to start Planning Analytics components
- If it is not already running, start the configuration tool by clicking
Start > All Programs > IBM Cognos
TM1 > IBM Cognos Configuration.
Remember: Right-click and use Run as Administrator on Windows and Windows Server operating system software.
- In the Cognos® Configuration Explorer pane, expand Local Configuration > Environment.
- Right-click the TM1 Admin Server component and select
Start. Start the TM1 Admin Server first since that server must be running before any sample database can run.
The Cognos Configuration tool prompts you to save any edits made to the configuration settings. This process will take longer the first time you save a setting as the cryptographic settings and other actions take place for the first time. Click Yes in response to the message asking you to save the settings. You will also see this type of message when you close Cognos Configuration.
- Expand IBM Cognos TM1 services. Right-click IBM Cognos
TM1 and select Start. If TM1 Application Server is not installed in your environment, see Install TM1 Application Server with your own installation of WebSphere.
- Expand the Data Access > TM1 Server node
and right-click each TM1 sample database server that you want
to start and select Start.
For example, start the provided sample databases:
- Planning Sample
- Click File > Save.
- Now that the services are all registered in the Windows services registry, you can reconfigure them to use a specific user account:
- In Cognos Configuration, right-click each service you want to change and select Stop.
- Open Windows Services.
- Right-click on each service and select Properties.
- Enter a user name and password valid on your system with the appropriate rights for the service.
- Close Windows Services.
- In Cognos Configuration, right-click each server and select Start.
- Close Cognos Configuration.