Install the basic Planning Analytics components
Use the installation program to select the components you want to install and the location on your computer where you want to install them.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have administrator privileges for the computer on which you are installing software.
- Ensure that the computer has a TEMP system variable that points to the directory where you want to store temporary files. During installation, files are temporarily copied to this directory.
- Ensure that the directories where you install Planning Analytics components contain only ASCII characters in the path name. Some Microsoft Windows web server software does not support non-ASCII characters in directory names.
- Ensure that all of the prerequisite software has been installed.
- To start the installation:
- Go to the download location for the IBM® Planning Analytics installation program that you want to use.
- If the installation wizard does not open automatically, go to the operating system directory to locate the issetup.exe command.
- Right-click the issetup.exe file and click Run as Administrator.
- Follow the directions in the installation wizard to select all of the components.
The components that you need to run the software are selected by default.
If you do not want to install Cognos® Insight or Cognos TM1® Performance Modeler, skip to step 6.
- To include Cognos Insight in the installation, expand the TM1 Rich Tier and then select Cognos Insight.
- To include Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler in the installation, expand the TM1 Rich Tier and then select TM1 Performance Modeler.
- Click Next until the installation begins.
The installation runs until all components have been installed. This may take a significant amount of time.Tip: For earlier Windows operating systems, you can check Start Cognos Configuration on the last screen of the installation to immediately run the configuration tool. On Microsoft Windows 7 or later and Windows Server operating system software, do not check that box and instead use the Start menu so you can choose Run as Administrator when launching the Cognos Configuration tool.
- Click Finish.