Connecting to the Planning Analytics remote desktop
Connect to the IBM® Planning Analytics remote desktop so that you can run the hosted desktop-based applications or manage files in the shared folder. For example, you can connect by using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection and then run TM1® Architect, TM1 Perspectives, and TM1 Performance Modeler.
Before you begin
Planning Analytics is configured to support secure Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connections only.
To successfully connect to an Planning Analytics desktop session, you must use an RDP application that supports Network Level Authentication (NLA). RDP applications are available for both Microsoft Windows and non-Windows platforms.
For example, you can use the built-in Remote Desktop Connection feature in Microsoft
Windows 7. For more information about this feature, search
the Microsoft Support website for
Connect to another
computer with Remote Desktop Connection.
Before you connect, perform these tasks:
- Verify that your version of Windows Remote Desktop Connection supports Network Level
- Start Remote Desktop Connection.Tip: This tool is typically located here: Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, click the program icon in the upper left corner of the window and then click About.
- Verify that the following text is listed: Network Level Authentication supported.
- Start Remote Desktop Connection.
- Configure your RDP application to run Windows key combinations on the remote computer.
- In Remote Desktop Connection, click Show Options > Local Resources tab.
Under the Keyboard section, set the Apply Windows key combinations option to On the remote computer.
This option sends your keyboard shortcuts for the Windows logo key and other key combinations to the remote computer and runs them there.
About this task
This video shows you how to access the Planning Analytics remote desktop:
What to do next
Using your RDP application, you can now access the IBM Planning Analytics remote desktop with a Remote Desktop Gateway