Use the keyboard to work in the set editor
You can work in the set editor with the keyboard instead of the mouse.
Navigation and selection overview
- Move between enabled items in the set editor
- Press the Tab key to move to the next item.
- Press Shift+Tab to go to the previous item.
- Open a menu
- With the focus on the menu, press Enter or the Space bar.
- Move through items in a menu and members
- Press the up and down arrow keys. To move to a sub menu, press the right-facing arrow key.
- Select an option
- Press Enter.
- Select consecutive members (multi-select)
- Highlight the first member that you want to select, hold Shift, and then use the arrow keys to select the next members.
- Expand and collapse consolidated members
- Press Enter, or the right arrow to expand consolidated members, and press Enter or the left arrow to collapse.
- Show a context menu
- On a Windows keyboard, press Shift+F10. On an Apple Mac keyboard, press Shift+Fn+F10. Use the up and down arrow keys to move through the items.
- Work in attributes menus
- Tab to and press Enter. Press the up and down arrow keys to move through the menu, and press Enter to select an attribute. Tab to OK and press Enter to close the menu.
- Navigate in the MDX Editor
- To move around the controls, press the Tab key to move to the next control and press Shift+Tab to go back to the previous control.
- When the focus is inside the rich text editor, on a Windows keyboard, press CTRL+F2 to move to the next control, and Shift+CTRL+F2 to go to the previous control. On an Apple Mac keyboard, press CMD+fn+F2 to move to the next control, and Shift+fn+CMD+F2 to go to the previous control.
Navigate in the set editor by using the keyboard.
Press Tab to navigate through the items in the set editor. To move backwards through the items, hold Shift and press Tab.
When an area of the screen has focus, it has a contrasting line around it. When you open the set editor, the first highlighted item is the Available Members pane.
To open a menu for an item that has focus, press Enter. You can move through the items in the menu by pressing the down and up arrow keys. When a menu item is selected, it has a blue background.
Select members in the Available Members pane by using the keyboard
Tab to the Available Members pane. A black line appears around the pane when it has focus.
To select members in the Available Members pane, press the down and up arrow keys until the member has focus. A member with focus has a dark blue background.
Press Enter to expand a consolidated member, and press Enter again to close it.
To select consecutive members, highlight the first member that you want to select, hold Shift, and then use the arrow keys to select the next members.
When you highlight members, they stay selected so you can select either insert or replace to move the members to the Current Set.
Search with filters in the set editor by using the keyboard
To create filters to search for members in the All members pane with the keyboard, do the following steps:
- Press Tab until has the focus. Note: Depending on which item in the Set Editor has focus, it can be quicker to use Shift+Tab to move to .Then, press Enter to display the search filters.
- To set a filter, with the focus on Name, press Enter, then press the down arrow key to move through the Level and Attributes menu items. Press Enter to select a menu item.
- If Attributes has a sub menu, press the right arrow key to move the focus to the sub menu. Use the up and down arrow key to move through the items, and press Enter to select an item.
- After you select either Name, Level, or Attribute, press Tab to move to the next filter. Focus on either Contains , = or <> by using the down or up arrow keys, and press Enter. Then, tab to the next field and type the keyword that you want to search on.
- Tab to Add filter, then press Enter to add a filter and repeat the previous steps.
- To begin the Search, press Tab to go to Search, then press Enter.