Add members to a dimension in Planning Analytics Workspace Classic
You can add members to a dimension one at a time or by copying and pasting a number of members from an editor such as Microsoft Excel.
You can also import dimension members from a file, see Import members and attributes into a dimension.
- In the Data tree, go to the database that contains the dimension that you want to edit.
- Click Dimensions, right-click the dimension that you want to edit and click Edit dimension.
- To add a member, click
type a name and select the member type, either:
- String. This type cannot be used if the member is a child of a consolidated member.
If you add a member as a parent, the member is always added as a consolidated member.
If you want to add another member at the same level, type the new member name and press Enter.
Click Commit when you finish entering members at that level, or press CTRL + Enter.
To add more members at parent or child level, right-click an existing member and add a member
as a parent, child, or at the same level before or after the selection.
Tip: You can also add a member into a dimension at the same time by copying and pasting the list of members into the Dimension Editor from an editor, or from Microsoft Excel.
You can choose what you see in the dimension editor by right-clicking an existing member and
choose an option to keep, hide, move, or delete members.
If you select Keep, the other members are hidden. To narrow the selection down to show parents or children of selected members in a dimension, select and right-click the members and click Children. You can show all members by right-clicking a member and selecting or Unhide all.
What to do next
- Format the members. For example, you can format a member as a date or time picker, as a currency value, or as scientific notation. See Member formats.
- Change the weighting of a member. See Change the type of members to numeric or text in Planning Analytics Workspace Classic.
- Create attributes for dimension members by clicking . Attributes provide extra information about dimension members, see Member attributes.
- Drag a dimension member as parent, child, or peer of other members. See Drag members as children or peers in Planning Analytics Workspace Classic.