Adding Cognos Analytics on Cloud Hosted users to the Planning Analytics server
Add IBM® Cognos® Analytics on Cloud Hosted users to the IBM Planning Analytics with Watson™ server.
Cognos Analytics on Cloud Hosted has a single namespace that is pre-configured for single sign-on (SSO) with IBMid. This namespace is identified as Business Analytics for new customers, and is identified as Planning Analytics for existing customers. For the remainder of this document, the namespace is referred to as the 'SSO namespace,' and is applicable to both existing and new customers.
- All PA Users
- All users invited to IBM Planning
Analytics Workspace are
members of the All PA Users group. This group was previously named
All Planning Authenticated Users. Note: The All PA Users group should not be deleted or modified.
- PA Workspace Administrators
- Planning Analytics Workspace users with the administrator role are assigned to the group. This group was previously named Subscription Admin.
- A role called PANS users is created. The All PA Users group is added to the PANS users role, and then this role is added to the Consumers role. IBM recommends that the PANS users role not be removed from the Consumers group.
- Directory Administrators
- PANS Admin Users is a new role in the namespace. The PA Workspace Administrators group is a member of the PANS Admin Users role. The PANS Admins Users role is a member of the Directory Administrators role.
You can add users from the SSO namespace to the Planning Analytics server by using the AddClient TM1® TurboIntegrator process. (Administrators can add users from the PANS namespace in IBMTM1 Architect).
Cognos Analytics users can create a data source connection to the Planning Analytics server. Creating data source connections for each user might not be practical. However, if you choose to do so, the CreateNewCAMClients parameter must be set to true, see CreateNewCAMClients.