Filter to find assets
When you create a snapshot, you can use filters to narrow the selection of assets to include in your snapshot.
When you click Create snapshot, you can use filters to find assets to add to your snapshot. You must apply your filters to select assets to include in your snapshot. Only assets that are available to you are shown. You can add assets that exist either in the Shared folder or your Personal folder. You cannot add assets that exist in other users' Personal folders.
You can select a source environment to use to find assets that are available in IBM® Planning Analytics Workspace. By default, the source environment is the environment that you are logged in to. Only available environments are shown in the Source environment drop-down list.
When you select an environment from the Source environment drop-down list, you can filter or search for assets that are available in that environment
You can use filters to narrow the selection of assets to include in your snapshot.
You can use any of the following filters:
- User You can filter assets by the user that created the asset. The drop-down list is populated automatically with users who have assets that are associated with them when you log in to Planning Analytics Workspace. As an administrator, you can select assets that are owned by all users that appear in the list.
- Asset Type You can filter assets by type, such as Book. Currently, the supported asset types include Book and View.
- Folder You can filter assets by whether they are in the
Shared or your Personal folder in the source
You can expand , collapse , and scroll through all the subfolders below the Shared or Personal folder. If there are no subfolders below a folder, you see the simple folder icon . When you find the folder that you want to select, click the name of the folder.
When you click Apply, filtering finds assets in that folder and in all its subfolders.
- TM1 database You can filter assets by which TM1® database they belong to in the source environment. The drop-down list is automatically populated with TM1 databases that have assets that are associated with them. You can also filter assets that are not in any TM1 database by selecting None from the drop-down list.
- Date Modified You can filter assets by the date when they were modified. You can filter assets that were modified today, yesterday, within the last 7 days, within the last 30 days, or within the last 365 days. You can select a specific date or select a date range by using the data picker.
By default, all filters are set to All to include all assets.
- To apply the filters, click Apply.
When you change your selection in the Filters pane, the assets in the Workspace assets pane change to reflect the filter only when you click Apply.
- To clear your filter selections and start over, click Clear all.
- To toggle whether the filters appear, click .
Search for assets
You can filter for specific assets in the Workspace assets pane by using the Search for assets text field. This filter finds all assets that match all or part of the criteria in any fields of the assets. This filter shows the complete set of assets that match your criteria. This makes it easy to search for assets that match your criteria, select all of the matching assets, and then add them to your cart.
- Type your criteria in the Search for assets text field.
- Click Apply.
You can sort your assets in the Workspace assets pane.
- To sort by any field, click beside the field that you want to sort on.
The icon indicates which field is sorted on and in which direction. For example, if the Workspace assets pane shows , the sort icon beside Name is in focus and it indicates that you are sorting the assets alphabetically in ascending (A to Z) order.
- To sort the assets alphabetically in descending (Z to A) order, click beside Name.Tip: You can sort on only one column at a time.
What to do next
When you are happy with your asset selections, continue to the next step to add assets to your cart.