Viewing indexed report pages for a captured indexed report
If one or more index fields were specified in a report definition, Output Manager can generate field indexes that point to the pages in a captured report instance that contain the defined index fields.
You can display a list of the field indexes that were generated for all captured report instances based on a particular report definition. You can then select a field index to view an indexed report page or set of pages. For example, if one of the index fields is City, you can find the field indexes for your local city and view only those pages.
To view indexed report pages in a captured report:
- From the Output Manager main menu, choose option V, View Reports, and press Enter. The View Reports menu is displayed.
- Choose option I, Indexed Reports, and press Enter.
- Specify search criteria, or leave the fields blank, and
press Enter. The resulting list is filtered by your search criteria.
- In the CMD column, type
S(Select) next to the name of an indexed report definition for which you want to display field indexes.The Index Fields panel is displayed.Tip: Report administrators can also access the Index Fields panel as follows: 1) Specify A.C on the main menu to list all report definitions, 2) specify the
N(iNdexes) line command next to a report definition that has a defined index field to list the captured report instances with index fields, and 3) specify the
S(Select) line command next to a report.The Index Fields panel includes the following columns:
Tip: You can search for field indexes based on values for one or more index fields by choosing option 1, By Index Value, from the Search pull-down menu.
- Capture Time
- The date (YYYY MM/DD) and time (HH:MM) when the report instance was captured.
- Index Value 1 through Index Value 8: The values that were captured for the index fields in an indexed report. An indexed report definition can specify from one to eight index fields. Each combination of index values (one row) represents a report page or set of pages from a captured, indexed report instance. Index Value 1 must contain a nonblank value. The other index fields (Index Value 2 through Index Value 8) can contain either a blank or a nonblank value.
- In CMD column, type the
V(View) line command next to the field-index entry (row) that points to the report page or pages that you want to view, and press Enter.The indexed report page or pages are displayed.Tip: You can print the indexed report pages using the Print line command.