Create a report definition
In this step, you create a report definition to give the report a unique name. A report definition also specifies the conditions that must be met to generate a custom report.
For a custom report to be generated, the following requirements must be met:
- The condition entry fields in the custom report definition must be defined in the associated report layout. For the purposes of this basic review, the report definition will not contain any condition entry fields.
- The report layout that is linked to the custom report definition should match the layout that is assigned to the report selection rule.
To create a custom report definition:
- From the Output Manager main menu, choose option A, Administrative Functions, and press Enter. The Administrative Functions panel is displayed.
- Choose option C, Custom Reports, and press Enter.
- Specify search criteria, or leave the fields blank, and
press Enter. The resulting list is filtered by your search criteria.
- Type ADD on the command line and
press Enter. The Report panel is displayed.
- In the Report Name field, type
MY REPORTas the name of the custom report. This name can be up to 64 characters long, and must be specified before the definition is enabled. The name cannot include an asterisk (*).
- In the Status field, change the value to Enabled.
- Link your layout to the report definition:
- From the Links menu, choose option 1, Choose a Layout. The Search for Layout panel is displayed.
- Leave all search fields blank and press Enter. The Layout Selection pop-up window is displayed.
- In the CMD column, type
S(Select) next to the name of the layout that you created, MY LAYOUT, and press Enter. The layout name is displayed in the Layout field.
- Press F3 (Exit). An exit confirmation pop-up window is displayed.
- Press Enter to save the report definition.
For more detailed information, including information on field conditions, see Creating a custom report definition with condition entries.
Next: It is recommended that you test your report layout, report definition, and report selection rule by resubmitting your test sample batch job. This time, you'll have a report based on your archive.