Linking a report definition to a PRSET member
You can optionally link a report definition to a PRSET member. A PRSET member contains a set of binary characters for controlling the printing or formatting of a report on a physical printer. For example, if your printer supports Advanced Function Printing (AFP), you might want to create a PRSET member that contains AFP structured fields that begin with the hexadecimal character "5A."
The binary characters in the PRSET member will be inserted when the report is printed. These characters will be displayed after the report banner page (if one is present) and before the report data.
To link a report definition to a PRSET member:
- From the Output Manager main menu, choose A, Administrative Functions.
- From the Administrative Functions menu, choose option C, Custom Reports. The Report Definitions panel is displayed.
- In the CMD column, type
E(Edit) next to the report to which you want to link a PRSET member. The Report panel is displayed.
- From the Links pull-down menu, choose option 4,
Choose a PRSET Member, and press Enter. The PRSET Member pop-up window is displayed.
- In the CMD column, type S (Select) next to the PRSET member that you want to use, and press Enter. A forward slash (/) is displayed next to the selected PRSET member.
- Press Enter. The Report panel is redisplayed. The PRSET member field displays the name of the member that you specified.