Enabling and disabling undefined reports
Undefined reports are usually enabled and disabled automatically by Output Manager as a result of other user operations, but can also be enabled and disabled from the LINKs drop-down menu of the Report Rules panel
- When a user adds an undefined report to a Report Selector Rule using a link to an undefined distribution list, an undefined report will be automatically created (if one doesn't already exist). That new undefined report will be initialized with default values, and will be enabled if at least one custom report linked to the layout is enabled.
- When a user removes a layout from the last enabled Report Selection Rule, the undefined report for that layout will be automatically disabled.
- When a user disables the last enabled custom report for a layout, or removes the layout from report and it is not linked to any enabled reports, the undefined report will be automatically disabled.
- When a user changes Match Name to NO in all Report Selector Rules using the layout, the undefined report for that layout is automatically disabled.
Additionally, Undefined reports can be enabled and disabled from the LINKs drop-down menu of the Report Rules panel. A report administrator can change the status of an enabled undefined report to "disabled" at any time, disabling the Undefined Report for all report selectors that use that layout. However, undefined reports can only be enabled if at least one custom report is enabled for the layout and at least one Report Selection Rule associated with the layout has Match Name set to NO (if Match Name = YES, custom report processing is unavailable).
To enable an undefined report:
- Navigate to the Report Rule panel:
- From the Output Manager main menu, choose option A, Administrative Functions, and press Enter.
- From the Administrative Functions menu, choose option R, Report Selection Rules, and press Enter. The Report Rules panel is displayed.
- Type E (edit) in the CMD column next to the report selection rule that you want to enable or disable, and press Enter. The Report Rule panel is displayed.
- From the LINK drop-down list, select the appropriate option:
7. Enable, or 8. Disable and press Enter. Note: An undefined report can only be enabled if at least one custom report is enabled for the layout and at least one Report Selection Rule associated with the layout must have Match Name set to NO (if Match Name = YES, custom report processing is unavailable.
- Press PF3 and type YES to save your changes. When the undefined report is enabled and the report selection rule is triggered to collect data for custom reports, any unreported pages will be included in an undefined report. When the undefined report is disabled, unreported pages will not be collected.