Adding a report to a bundle recipient package
To define a bundle recipient's package of reports, you must add one or more reports to the bundle recipient definition. Optionally, you can specify the number of copies of a report the bundle recipient will receive.
You must add the reports one at a time. You can add the same report to different bundle recipients within a bundle, if appropriate. However, you cannot add the same report to any one bundle recipient multiple times. For a recipient to be included in a bundle instance, at least one of the reports that are specified for the recipient must be generated and captured.
The order in which the reports are
listed on the Bundle Recipient Detail panel is the same order in which
they will appear in the bundle recipient's package of reports
within bundle instances. You can use the
A (After) line commands to change this order.
To add a report to a bundle recipient:
- Navigate to the Bundle Detail panel for the bundle definition that contains the bundle recipient to which you want to add a report.
- In the CMD column, type
S(Select) next to the bundle recipient to which you want to add a report, and press Enter. The Bundle Recipient Detail panel is displayed.
- At the command line, type
- Specify search criteria, or leave the fields blank, and
press Enter. The resulting list is filtered by your search criteria.
- Type the
S(Select) line command next to the report (report definition) that you want to add to the bundle recipient, and press Enter.
Ensure that you select a report definition for a basic or custom report. You can select a basic report definition that was dynamically generated. Do not select a report definition for an indexed report. Indexed report pages cannot be captured for a bundle.Note: You can add a dynamically-generated report definition, if one exists, to a bundle recipient. Output Manager dynamically generates a report definition for a basic report if you specify a report selection rule and layout but no report definition.
- Press Enter. The Bundle Recipient Detail panel is redisplayed. The newly selected report appears at the bottom of the list of reports.
If necessary, you can use the
A(After) line commands to change the position of the report in the list order. Type
Mnext to the report that you want to move, and then type
Aon the line after which you want to insert the report.
- Optional: You can use the Set print
configuration command in the CMD column next to a report to specify
the print configuration (including the number of copies of each report
this bundle recipient will receive, and PRSET member to specify printer
comments) for this recipient.
- Type S (Set print configuration) next to the report
that you wish to edit print configuration for, and press Enter.
The Set Print Configuration panel is displayed.
- In the COPIES field, specify the number of copies of the report to print for the selected bundle recipient of the selected bundle. The copies value must be a number from 0 through 255.
- The PRSET field displays the name of the PRSET member to use for the print job. Use the LINK drop-down menu to choose, change, or remove a PRSET member. PRSET members contains a set of printer commands that you can use for controlling the formatting or printing of a report on a physical printer, for example, AFP structured fields.
- Press Enter. The Bundle Recipient Detail panel is displayed again.
- Type S (Set print configuration) next to the report that you wish to edit print configuration for, and press Enter.