Key print control fields
Before you begin defining printing-related definitions, consider how the following key print control fields are set in report definitions (for basic, custom, and indexed reports) and in sets of archive attributes (for archived reports).
These settings can affect which printing-related definitions you need to define and the definitions to which you link them.
- Print Model
- Indicates the "model" for determining which set of printer attributes
to use for printing archives or reports. Valid values are:
- Classic - Use the recipient IDs that are on the distribution list and the sets of printer attributes to which these recipient IDs are linked. These printing attributes can be used for all types of printing. If a report selection rule is linked to a set of printer attributes, use this set of printer attributes to provide default printing attributes only for reprint requests that users issue for the basic and custom reports that are based on the report selection rule.
- Report - This value is the default value. For basic and custom reports, use the set of printer attributes to which the report definition is linked. The Class, Copies, and Dest values come from the following hierarchy: the distribution list printer > recipient details > report printer.
- Dynamic Print
- Indicates whether Output Manager should
dynamically capture values for the "dynamic printing parameters" and
use them for printing archives or reports instead of any values that
might be specified for these parameters in your static, printing-related
definitions. Valid values are:
- No - Do not dynamically capture and use the "dynamic printing parameters." Instead, obtain all printing parameters, including the "dynamic printing parameters," from the static printing-related definitions that you created (that is, the recipient IDs and any applicable set of printer attributes). Which definitions are used depends on how you set the Print Model field. This value is the default value.
- Yes (in archive attributes) or Report (in report definitions) - Dynamically capture values for the "dynamic printing parameters" from the appropriate sources, store them in the BJTDAT table, and use them for printing archives or reports. For archived reports, the BJTDAT table stores parameter values that are captured from SYSOUT data sets only. For basic and custom reports, the BJTDAT table stores parameter values that are captured from both SYSOUT data sets and the set of printer attributes that is linked to either the distribution list or the report definition, depending on how you set the USE_DISTRIBUTION_LIST_PRINTER configuration parameter (specified in the Policy Administration panels). When the USE_DISTRIBUTION_LIST_PRINTER is set to YES, Output Manager captures the set of printer attributes associated with the distribution list to which the report is linked. If the distribution list printer is not defined, Output Manager captures printing parameters from the report printer. When the USE_DISTRIBUTION_LIST_PRINTER is NO (recommended), Output Manager captures report-level dynamic printing parameters from the report printer. The value specified for USE_DISTRIBUTION_LIST_PRINTER determines the values from the report-level set of printer attributes take precedence over the values from the archived SYSOUT.