Output Manager rules and definitions for bundling
From the ISPF interface, you must first create all of the Output Manager rules and definitions that are normally required for capturing SYSOUT and defining recipients and reports. Additionally, you must create a bundle definition, which defines the packages of reports for each recipient in the bundle.
For a single report bundle, the following Output Manager definitions are required:
- A set of archive attributes. See Creating a set of archive attributes.
- A selector rule. See Creating a selector rule.
- A report selection rule. See Creating a report selection rule.
- Report definitions, one for each basic or custom report in the
bundle. See Step 3: Define reports using report definitions. Note: Output Manager ignores any distribution lists that might be associated with the report definitions.
- Report layouts, one for each custom report in the bundle. See Creating a report layout.
- Recipient IDs, one for each bundle recipient. See Creating a recipient ID. Note: Output Manager uses only the descriptive data at the top of the Recipient Details panel to identify a bundle recipient for the delivery of bundle reports.
- A bundle definition including the bundle recipients and the reports that each recipient is to receive. See Task flow for defining and printing a report bundle.
Optionally, you can include banner pages at various levels within a bundle. First, you must create the banner members, and define these members to Output Manager For more information, see Banner pages.