Modify the Violation Message for a Document Type
You can modify an existing Violation Message Reason for a document type.
- Navigate to the Violation
Message screen. To navigate to the Violation
Message screen, perform the following steps:
The Violation Message screen is displayed. Existing violation messages, if any, are displayed.
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as a system administrator or a system set up administrator.
- From the System Setup Home page, expand the Approvals menu, and then click Manage Violation Message .
- For the message you want to modify, double-click the Short
Description* or the Description text
box. Note: You cannot modify the content in the Value* and the Document Type* box.
- In the Short Description* box, modify the brief description of the reason as you want it to appear throughout the system. The maximum number of characters you can enter in the Short Description* box is 40 characters. It is recommended that you specify a unique short description.
- In the Description box, modify the detailed description of the reason. The maximum number of characters you can enter in the Description box is 100 characters.
- Click Save. Note: All the modifications made to the violation message for a quote in the Violation Message screen, will be reflected in the in the Quote Approval Rule Violation Reason screen.