Creating a payment type
You can create a new payment type by using the Create Payment Type screen.
About this task
Note: The fields marked with * are mandatory.
To create a payment type:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as a system administrator or a system setup administrator.
- From the System Setup home page, expand the Payments menu, and then click Manage Payment Types.
- The Payment Types
Search screen is displayed. In the Payment Types Search screen, click Create Payment Type in the Related Task Panel.
The Create Payment Type screen is displayed.
- In the Payment Type ID box, enter a unique identifier for the payment type. The Payment Type ID, which is used to identify the payment type, must be unique for the organization. The maximum number of characters you can enter is 20 characters.
- In the Description* box, enter a brief description of the payment type. The maximum number of characters you can enter is 100 characters.
- From the Payment Type Group* list, select the payment type group to which the payment type belongs.
- Click Save.