Defining event handlers
You can define event handlers that determine the types of actions that are performed when an event in a transaction occurs. You can provide conditions that apply to the event handler.
About this task
Note: Event handlers defined for a transaction in a particular pipeline are also applicable if the same transaction is used in another pipeline.
Note: When associating a condition with an event, refer to the IBM Sterling Order Management: Javadoc to ensure that the applicable condition variables coincide with the event's key data and data published.
To set up event handlers:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- In the Process Modeling window, select the Order, Load, or General tab to view the corresponding process modeling tree for that base document type.
- In the Process Types swimlane, right-click on the applicable process type and choose Model Process. The Repository Details window and work area display for the corresponding process type.
- Choose the Transactions tab.
- From the Transaction Detail window, choose the Events tab.
- Select the applicable event and choose the Configure Event Handler button. The Event Handler Definition work area activates.
- Drag the applicable actions and conditions into the work area and connect them as per the rules detailed in this section.
- Choose the Save icon.