Deleting an entity attribute from the model template
You can delete an entity attribute from the out-of-the-box template XML file. If you delete an entity attribute and if the entity attribute is used by a condition to define the validation rule or an override, none of the conditions will be available to define the validation rule or the override rule.
About this task
To delete an entity attribute from the out-of-the-box template XML file:
- Extract the out-of-the-box template XML file from the <runtime_sandbox>/resources/modelTemplates folder to your local system.
- Select an element Attribute and
delete or comment the element Attribute from
The entity attribute is deleted from the domain.
- Create a folder structure global/template/resource under the <runtime_sandbox>/extensions folder.
- Copy the modified template XML file to the <runtime_sandbox>/extensions/global/template/resource folder.
- Rebuild the resources JAR file.
- Rebuild the enterprise EAR.