Configure the Print Template
After you create a print template, you can configure the template by creating a style sheet for the template from the Manage Templates screen.
The style sheet you create for the print template is used to format proposals in Sterling Field Sales. You must provide an XSL to define the style sheet format and can customize the style sheet to display locale specific proposal contents.
About this task
To configure the new print template, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Manage
Proposal Templates screen. To navigate to the Manage
Proposal Templates screen perform the following steps:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Enterprise Administrator.
- From the System Setup homepage, expand the Quote menu
and click Manage Proposal Templates.
The Manage Templates screen is displayed.
- The available templates for a document type are displayed in the Templates panel.
- Select the newly created template from the Templates panel.
- From the Related Tasks panel, click New Style Sheet to create a new style sheet to the template.
- Specify the following in the New Style Sheet panel.
Fields marked ’*’ are mandatory.
- Provide a name in the Style Sheet Name box.
- Enter a description for the style sheet in the Style Sheet Description box.
- Click Save to save the new stylesheet. By default, the first style sheet is created for the base locale.
- Provide an XSL in the Style Sheet text box.
- Click Save to save the new stylesheet.
The new style sheet for the base locale appears in the Templates panel, under the print template for which it was created. You can customize the style sheet for different locales as necessary.