When you subscribe to an IBM® Sterling Order Management System service, you must work with IBM and your implementation and support teams to identify the key personnel who are responsible for implementing, operating, and supporting your service.
- IBM users, which include IBM DevOps Services and IBM Support personnel.
- Your own group of users, which includes any service provider that you contract to provide implementation, operation, customization, or support services. Your contracted service providers can be IBM or third-party Business Partners, or a combination of both parties. You can also choose to fill these roles with individuals from within your own organization.
- Onboarding Specialist
- The onboarding specialist acts as a liaison between you and the IBM teams from signing to go-live. This individual provides timely environment delivery, access, and tooling, and assists in providing major project milestones, go-live planning, transition to CSM, and so on.
- Client Success Manager
- The main focus of the Client Success Manager is on helping you meet your business goals. The Client Success Manager develops a deep understanding of your environment, business objectives, operational metrics and stays with you throughout your lifecycle as a client to help you improve product usage and feature adoption.
Your suggested team roles
- Project Manager
- Your Project Manager functions as your main contact for any IBM Sterling Order Management System related issue. This manager must work with IBM Sterling Order Management System Software Support on any required escalations and have authority to act on your behalf for any IBM Sterling Order Management System issue. Your manager is also responsible for ensuring that your team members meet the functional obligations, if any, and that IBM can have timely access to your personnel or material when needed.
- Release Manager
- A Release Manager is responsible for deciding when builds must be created for introducing fixes or upgrades to your IBM Sterling Order Management System service. The Release Manager is also responsible for the timeline of each build and for overseeing the entire build and deployment process.
- System Integrator
- Works with you to implement your IBM Sterling Order Management System service, create customizations, and deploy changes such as custom releases or custom fixes. You can serve as your own Systems Integrator, or you can contract a third-party Business Partner or IBM to serve as your Systems Integrator.
- SaaS Extensions Support Provider
- Responsible for managing and supporting your SaaS extensions in your IBM Sterling Order Management System environments after your service is launched for engagement with your shoppers. Your SaaS Extensions Support Provider can also be responsible for creating extensions to customize your service applications, or working with your developers to create the extensions. Your SaaS Extensions Support Provider can also serve as a technical consultant on your behalf. You can serve as your own SaaS Extensions Support Provider, or you can contract your Systems Integrator or a different third-party Business Partner or IBM to serve as your SaaS Extensions Support Provider.
- Responsible for managing your authorized internal and external user profiles and login credentials. The Administrator is also responsible for managing all manual updates to your business data within your IBM Sterling Order Management System environments through administrative tools.
- Your developers are responsible for developing customization changes for your service, configuring build and deployment scripts, running builds, and more. Your developers also serve as technical consultants when IBM moves changes for your custom fixes or upgrades into your production environments.
- Data Security Administrator
- The Data Security Administrator is responsible for ensuring that your data security, data handling procedures, and data policy requirements are met.
- Quality Assurance Manager
- The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for providing input into planning builds for deploying changes into your IBM Sterling Order Management System service. This manager is also responsible for assigning testers for completing any required functional or performance verification testing.
- Quality Assurance Lead
- Your Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for managing the initial functional testing of your IBM Sterling Order Management System service, your SaaS extensions, and any changes for your service. This lead is also responsible for creating and maintaining the functional test scripts that are needed to test your site releases. This lead manages the running of scripts within your preproduction environments before the changes are deployed into your production environment before your service launches. The Quality Assurance Lead also manages the running of scripts for all changes to your service and extensions after your service launches.
- Business Manager
- Your Business Manager is responsible for providing inputs into planning builds for deploying changes into your IBM Sterling Order Management System service. This manager is also responsible for assigning business user testers for completing any required user acceptance testing.
- Technical Lead
- The Technical Lead is your technical operations and infrastructure subject matter expert. The Technical Lead is responsible for managing performance and load testing during the implementation of your IBM Sterling Order Management System service and during the implementation of any changes. The Technical Lead is also responsible for creating, maintaining, and running load test scripts to ensure that your releases maintain your service performance.