Setting up printer preferences for a user group
User Printer Preferences configures printers that are associated with a group of users. This preference is used to determine the printer to use when a user prints a document.
About this task
For example, receiving office associates all its users to the HP LaserJet 5P located in the office.
The association of a printer to a station overrides the group preference of the specified user. The station is a static location where devices may be directly attached to a station.
It is recommended that User Printer Preferences be configured at the group level for easier administration.
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Security > Groups. The Groups window displays in the work area.
- In the Groups window, choose the Group whose Printer Preferences are to be set up.
- Choose the Details icon. The Group Details window displays.
- In the Group Details window, choose the Printer Preferences tab. The Printer Preferences tab window displays.
- Enter the information in the applicable fields. Refer Table 1 for field value descriptions.
- Choose the Save icon.
For more information about Setting Up a Group (Creating, Modifying, or Deleting a Group), Defining user groups.
|Printer ID||From the drop down, select the printer ID to be associated with the group.|
Note: The printer at the packing station is associated to the station and not to the packing group or the individual packer. This is also recommended for warehouses that have only a single pack station.