Activate an extended entity attribute
As an administrator, you can activate an extended entity attribute created for an extensible object. By activating an entity attribute, the status of the entity attribute is modified from Draft to Active.
For example, if you have created an order level entity attribute to show the date of purchase and configured the same to be displayed in the Order Details screen, then when the entity attribute is activated, it is displayed on the Order Details screen in the end-user application.
About this task
Note: The Activate button is enabled only when the selected extensible object has one or more extended entity attributes in the Draft status.
- Navigate to the Object Extensibility
screen. To navigate to the Object Extensibility screen, perform the
The Object Extensibility screen is displayed.
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an administrator.
- From the System Setup Home page, expand the Customizations menu, and then click Object Extensibility.
- From the Extensible Objects tree,
navigate to the child node of the extensible object, having entity
attributes in the Draft status, which can be
activated. The details of the extended entity attributes for the child node is displayed in the Extended Attributes panel.
- In the Extended Attributes panel, select the check box adjacent to the entity attribute you want to activate, and then click the Activate button. When you activate an extended entity attribute, the status of the entity attribute is modified from Draft to Active.