Creating new UI screens using the designer workbench in the web UI framework
Use the canvas in the Designer Workbench to create the actual user interface that will be used by an application. Work with the canvas by dropping (adding) widgets from the Palette view of the workbench. You cannot use the Extensibility Workbench to create new screens.
Use the buttons in the upper left hand corner of the Designer Workbench to do the following:
Create a new screen.
Save the changes on a screen.
Undo screen changes that you have not saved yet.
Redo changes that you have undone using the Undo button.
Follow these guidelines when dropping widgets:
- Make sure that the widget is selected in the Palette view before you drop it.
- Make sure your cursor is over the canvas before you drop the widget on the canvas.
- Use the canvas tooltips to decide when to drop and how to drop
the widget. You cannot drag and drop a widget from the Palette view
to the canvas. For example, if your screen includes a panel, and you want to add a button to screen (but not to the panel), make sure:
- Your cursor is not over the panel.
- The tooltip reads Click to add button in screen and not Click to add button in panel or Click to add button before panel.
- Use the Tree View to delete or re-arrange the widgets. To delete a widget, you must first right-click the widget and select the delete option.
- Use the widget names in the Palette view to create preset properties, but right-click the widget in the canvas to apply a preset property.