Guidelines for adding non-unique indexes to a default table
When you add non-unique indexes, use a naming convention that differs from the IBM Sterling Order Management convention.
The naming convention is tablename_i<1+n>. Using your own naming convention prevents your indexes from accidentally being dropped during upgrades. The following considerations are also recommended:
- Adding a prefix that doesn't start with Y.
- Prefix your non-unique indexes with EXTN_ for easy identification.
- Unique indexes are not allowed for tables.
- Column names for indexes must be valid.
- Index names must not exceed 18 characters.