View master data upload status
After you have uploaded a master data file for an entity type (also called as upload type), you can view the status of the uploaded records and any errors that occurred during upload.
About this task
The details that you can view include the upload type, date of upload, the user who performed the upload, status of the upload job, total records in the uploaded file, success records count, and failed records count.You can view the upload status of a master data file and also cancel a master data file upload that is currently in progress from the Master Data Upload screen.
- Navigate to the Master Data Uploader screen. To navigate
to the Master Data Uploader screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Enterprise Administrator.
- From the System Setup homepage, expand the Configurations menu
and click Master Data Upload.
The Master Data Uploader screen is displayed.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click View
Upload Status. The Upload Status panel
is displayed. The fields in the Upload Status panel
are described in the following table:
Field Description Upload Type Indicates the entity type whose master data file is uploaded. Created On Indicates the date of the master data file upload for the corresponding entity type. Uploaded By Indicates the user who uploaded the master data file for the corresponding entity type. Upload Status Indicates the current upload status of the master data file for the corresponding entity type. The statuses are In Queue, In Progress, Completed, and Cancelled. Total Count Indicates the number of records in the uploaded master data file for the corresponding entity type. Success Indicates the number of records in the master data file that have been successfully uploaded into the system. Failure Indicates the number of records that failed in the corresponding master data file. Click the hyperlink to download the error file in
.csvformat. This error file contains the failed records and the error messages that describe the reasons for the failure.Notes:
- The hyperlink in the Failure field is enabled only if the upload status of the corresponding master data file is either Completed or Cancelled, and at least one record has failed in the corresponding master data file.
- Click the Refresh icon to refresh the display of the field values such as success and failure counts in the Upload Status panel.
- The error file does not contain the header fields of the corresponding master data file.
- If the Upload Status panel contains a large number of entity types, the entity types are displayed in multiple pages. To view the status of the entity types across the multiple pages, click the Previous Page icon to navigate to the previous page and click the Next Page icon to navigate to the next page.
- The status of the Master data upload is displayed as Completed even if one or all the records have failed. The number of records which have failed is displayed in the Failure column.
- You can also determine the number of entity types that are displayed on each page by selecting a value from the Results per page drop-down list. The available values are 15, 25, 50, and 100.