Create an extended text entity attribute and assign a list of values to the text entity attribute
You can create an extended entity attribute and assign a defined list of values, such as small, medium, and large, to the child node of an extensible object.
About this task
Note: The fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Navigate to the Object Extensibility
screen. To navigate to the Object Extensibility screen, perform the
The Object Extensibility screen is displayed.
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an administrator.
- From the System Setup Home page, expand the Customizations menu, and then click Object Extensibility.
- From the Extensible Objects tree, select the extensible object to which the entity attribute you create, is to be added.
- Click the Add button in the Extended Attributes panel. The Customize Attribute dialog box is displayed. By default, the Create A New Attribute radio button is selected.
- In the Attribute ID* box, enter a unique identifier (ID) for the entity attribute. This identifier cannot be modified after it has been defined. Do not use a space or special characters in the Entity Attribute ID.
- In the Short Description* box, enter a brief description of the entity attribute. This short description is also displayed in the end-user application and other screens in Sterling Business Center, which display entity attributes.
- In the Long Description box, enter a detailed description of the entity attribute. This detailed description typically contains any additional information about the entity attribute.
- From the Value Type drop-down list, select Text.
- Select the This attribute will be used as search criteria check box to allow this entity attribute to be searched.
- Click Save. The Text Attributes Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Defined List of Values radio button and click Add.
- The New Value dialog
box is displayed. Perform the following steps:
- In the Value* box, enter the identifier of the value.
- In the Description* box, enter a brief description of the value.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
The value and description are assigned to the text entity attribute, and are displayed in the Valid Values panel. Repeat steps 11 and 12, if you want to add more values to the text entity attribute.Note: When you assign a new text entity attribute value for an extensible object, it is, by default, added at the end of the existing text entity attribute values list. If the existing text entity attributes values list is more than one page, the newly added text entity attribute value is displayed as the last entry on the last page.
The extended text entity attribute is created, and the new value is added to the extended text entity attribute. When you create an extended entity attribute, it is in the Draft status.