Create an extended decimal entity attribute and assign specific numbers to the entity attribute
You can create an extended decimal entity attribute and specify a range of allowed numbers, and allow any number or a range of incremental values to the decimal entity attribute.
About this task
Note: The fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Navigate to the Object Extensibility
screen. To navigate to the Object Extensibility screen, perform the
The Object Extensibility screen is displayed.
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an administrator.
- From the System Setup Home page, expand the Customizations menu, and then click Object Extensibility.
- From the Extensible Objects tree, select the extensible object to which the entity attribute you create, is to be added.
- Click the Add button in the Extended Attributes panel. The Customize Attribute dialog box is displayed. By default the Create A New Attribute radio button is selected.
- In the Attribute ID* box, enter a unique identifier (ID) for the entity attribute. This identifier cannot be modified after it has been defined. Do not use a space or special characters in the Attribute ID.
- In the Short Description* box, enter a brief description of the entity attribute. This short description is also displayed in the end-user application and other screens in Sterling Business Center, which display entity attributes.
- In the Long Description box, enter a detailed description of the entity attribute. This detailed description typically contains any additional information about the entity attribute.
- From the Value Type drop-down list, select Decimal.
- Select the This attribute will be used as search criteria check box to allow this entity attribute to be searched.
- Click Save. The Number Attributes Properties - Decimal dialog box is displayedNote: The extended entity attributes are linked to database columns of a specific datatype and so the entity attribute cannot be modified. If you want to modify an entity attribute type, delete the entity attribute and create a new entity attribute of the same entity attribute type.
- Select the Specific Numbers radio button.
- In the Values* box, enter values that are either separated by a semicolon, or number ranges with a dash (-). For example, you can either enter 2.1; 3.2; 4.3; 6.4; 9.5; 10.1; 11.2 or 2.1-6.4; 9.3-11.2.
- In the Increment By box, enter an increment for the number range. For example, if you enter 10.2-20.2 in the Values box and enter an increment of 2, the resulting list of allowed values will be 10.2, 12.2, 14.2, 16.2, 18.2, and 20.2.
- Click Save.
The extended decimal entity attribute is created, and specific numbers are assigned to the decimal entity attribute. When you create an extended entity attribute, it is in the Draft status.