Customizing widgets in an existing installation with the web UI framework
You can customize a widget in an existing installation by using the Extensibility Workbench.
- Open an existing installation of the application.
- Navigate to the screen where you want to work.
- Click Shift + space bar to bring up the Extensibility Workbench.
- Select the widget that you want to modify. In the following
example, the tooltip shows that you can select the Delete button.
Note: The button/links present in a base screen will continue to function unless you provide your action/click handler in the Properties View and click on Refresh Instances to apply those changes. If you directly click on a button/link on the screen, you might lose your changes if the action redirects you to another page. Hence, it is best to select and edit these controls through the Tree View instead of the screen.
- Make any changes to the widget, using the tools of the Extensibility Workbench.
- Save your changes.