Defining an organization's advanced capacity attributes
You can determine if an organization maintains its own capacity or if it is maintained by another organization.
About this task
To define an organization's advanced capacity attributes:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- From the Roles & Participation tab in the Organization Details window, choose Advanced Attributes.
- Choose the Catalog tab.
- Enter information in the applicable fields. Refer to Table 1 for field value descriptions.
- Choose the Save icon.
Table 1. Capacity tab Field Description This Organization Is A Capacity Organization Select This Organization Is A Capacity Organization if you want to specify this organization as an service capacity consolidator.
A capacity organization:
- Provides service capacity identification for a product.
- Establishes ownership of capacity when a single physical location is shared across multiple organizations without having to create multiple logical locations to establish the capacity ownership.
- Provides capacity separation, allowing all organizations that are part of the capacity organization to have visibility to the capacities of all of the other organizations that are part of the same capacity organization.
Capacity Organization Is Select Capacity Organization Is and select the applicable capacity organization if you want to associate this organization as part of the applicable capacity organization.
Important: The organization should have the same catalog organization as the capacity organization you are associating with.
Get Capacity Real Time Select this field if the organization makes capacity information available to Sterling Order Management System from an external system. When Sterling Order Management System checks for capacity, the external system provides the capacity in response to a user exit call from Sterling Order Management System.