Setting up staged rollout upgrade
If you want a minimal disruption to the production environment and perform a strategic upgrade, you can migrate to Sterling Order Management System Software release 10.0 through a staged rollout upgrade approach.
Before you begin
About this task
Perform the following steps to set up the staged rollout upgrade:
- Install a new version of Sterling Order Management System Software in an upgrade mode on the same database. Refer to Installing IBM OMS for detailed instructions.
- Set the multi schema version to the base install multi schema version. The value of the multischema.version property must match the lowest colony version. That is, when multiple versions are running on a single database, the colony version must be set to the lowest version in the entire deployment. For example, if two different versions 9.5 and 10.0 are running, then the colony version must be set to 9.5.
- Run the staged upgrade and move the database definition to a new version. For more information, see Staged upgrade from release 9.3 or later.
- Configure agents and properties that are required for the new version. Refer Configuring agents and Configuring properties.
- Build the EAR and deploy. Refer Building and deploying on the application server.