Enabling multi version functionality for Agents
The following steps have to be implemented for Enabling multi version support functionality for Agents:
- Set the value for rollout version property: Identify the rollout version for the OMS
deployment and set it as yfs.rollout.version property in the properties file. This includes both
Application servers and Agent servers.
With this property value set, the transaction data for the driver entity created in the application will have rollout version stamped on it.
- Set value for EnableMultiVersionSupport and IsBaseVersion parameter in the agent Critieria
for the Agent:This step requires enabling agentCriteria parameters ‘EnableMultiVersionSupport’
and ‘IsBaseVersion’ .
Note: These parameters should be set appropriately for Agents in each version.
- Set EnableMultiVersionSupport=Y, to enable the multiversion support for the agent.Note: These parameters should be set appropriately for Agents in each version.
- Set IsBaseVersion=Y, if agent is required to process all transaction data with rollout version
same as or lower than the agent Server’s rollout version. This would also process transaction data
that is not version tagged. This is applicable for the lowest version agent.Note: IsBaseVersion should be set as Y for the lowest version agent server deployments only.
- Set IsBaseVersion=N, if agent is required to process all transaction data with rollout version same as the agent Server’s rollout version.
- Set EnableMultiVersionSupport=Y, to enable the multiversion support for the agent.
Note: When multiple versions of the same agent are running, parameters such as Number of Records to Buffer and others should be appropriately reduced to maintain the database performance level.