Post-migration preparation tasks
After migrating, you will need to perform additional post-migration tasks.
About this task
Perform the following preparation tasks:
- By default, the migration process secures
the application in the following ways:
- adds authentication to the interop servlet
- adds authenticated access to web pages
- enables XAPI security, authorization, and permissioning Note: The property,
api.security.mode, is set to Strict during migration. However, you can specify other modes, such as Lax and Debug, for deploying, debugging, customizing, or testing of the application.
To run the application in backward-compatible mode, use the
customer_overrides.propertiesfile to set the following properties:
- interopservlet.security.enabled to false to disable authentication
- userauthfilter.enabled to false to remove authenticated access to web pages
- api.security.enabled to N and api.security.token.enabled to N to disable XAPI security, authorization, and permissioning.
- To migrate index and CHAR columns to VARCHAR columns on Db2, ensure that you complete the Db2 migration process.
- To migrate the existing LONG columns to CLOB,
perform the Oracle Online Redefinition process, as described in the Oracle® Database
PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference and the Oracle® Database
Administrator's Guide. After completing the redefinition process,
ensure that you run the
dbverifyscript. To prevent
dbverifyfrom generating "IndexAdds" SQLs for dropped indexes, ensure that the dropped indexes are listed in the
<INSTALL_DIR>/extensions/schemagenerator/indexes_not_created.txtfile. Or, if the INDEXES_NOT_CREATED property in the
<INSTALL_DIR>/properties/sandbox.cfgfile is configured, add the list of dropped indexes to the file referenced by the property. Run all the index changes that the
Table 1 lists the LONG columns that can be migrated to CLOB.Note: If you are upgrading to 9.5 from a fresh installation of 8.5 (or later), you can skip this step. However, if either of the following conditions is true, you may want to migrate existing LONG columns to CLOB:
- You are upgrading to 9.5 from 8.2 (or earlier).
- You upgraded to 8.5 (or later) without migrating existing LONG columns to CLOB and are now upgrading to 9.5.
Table 1. Columns that can be migrated to CLOB Table Column YFS_SUB_FLOW CONFIG_XML YFS_REPROCESS_ERROR MESSAGE INTEROP_ERROR_DISPATCH MESSAGE YFS_GRAPH_UI GRAPH_XML YFS_INBOX INBOX_ADDNL_DATA YFS_AGENT_CRITERIA_TEMPLATE MESSAGE_XML YFS_AGENT_CRITERIA MESSAGE_XML YFS_BASE_DOCUMENT_TEMPLATE TEMPLATE_XML YFS_DOCUMENT_PARAMS DOCUMENT_PARAMS YFS_HM_THRESHOLDS ADDITIONAL_INFO YFS_QUERY QUERY_DEFINITION YFS_EXPORT MESSAGE YFS_IMPORT MESSAGE YFS_SAVED_SEARCH SEARCH_DATA YFS_AUDIT AUDIT_XML YFS_TRANSACTION_DEPENDENCY TEMPLATE_XML YFS_ORDER_AUDIT_DETAIL AUDIT_XML YFS_DEVICE DEVICE_PARAMS_XML YFS_DEVICE_TYPE_TEMPLATE DEVICE_TYPE_PARAMS_XML YFS_BATCH REQ_BATCH_COMPLETION_XML YCS_MANIFEST_UPS_DTL INPUT_XML YFS_ASYNC_REQ MESSAGE YFS_BASE_DOCUMENT_PARAMS DOCUMENT_PARAMS YFS_DOCUMENT_TEMPLATE TEMPLATE_XMLNote: The columns listed in Table 1 are also applicable for the corresponding history tables.
- If you upgraded in nonsharded mode, you can set up a sharded deployment after completing the nonsharded migration process. To set up a sharded deployment, move from a nonsharded environment to a sharded environment.
- The case insensitive search feature allows you to make search operations in the application case insensitive. You can enable case insensitive search on existing column data.
- If the YFS_ITEM entity is extended to have custom columns in releases prior to Release 8.5 and these extended columns are used to define ItemAttribute records, you can manually add the extended columns of the YFS_ITEM entity as the YFS_ATTRIBUTE record and the YFS_ATTRIBUTE_REFERENCE record. These columns can also be added through the Business Center user interface.
- If you had any extensions in your classpath in your old runtime, ensure that you copy the same extensions into the classpath for your new runtime.
When upgrading to 9.5, run
<INSTALL_DIR>/bin/install3rdParty.sh(for UNIX and Linux® operating systems) or
<INSTALL_DIR>\bin\install3rdParty.cmd(for Windows operating system) script for all the custom-installed JARs.
Run this script for all JARs in the
- If you have installed an extension package
for customization, run the
<INSTALL_DIR>\bin\InstallService.cmdscript (for Windows) or the
<INSTALL_DIR>/bin/InstallService.shscript (for Linux).
- Ensure that you are able to restore the database on another server.
- To deploy the extensions in EAR, the resource
JARs must be rebuilt. To rebuild the resource JARs, execute the
./deployer.sh -t resourcejarcommand from the
<INSTALL_DIR>/bindirectory (for UNIX and Linux operating systems) or the
deployer.cmd -t resourcejarcommand from the
<INSTALL_DIR>\bindirectory (for Windows operating system).
- Modify the value of the following properties
sandbox.cfgfile located in the
<INSTALL_DIR>/binfolder (for UNIX and Linux operating systems) or
<INSTALL_DIR>\binfolder (for Windows operating system).
- Execute the following tasks, which generate
<DBDRIVER>points to the dbdriver JARs located in the
<DBDRIVER>points to the dbdriver JARs located in the
java com.yantra.tools.entityguru.reports.UpgradeXMLGenerator -ED <INSTALL_DIR>/repository/entity -DT <INSTALL_DIR>/repository/datatypes/datatypes.xml -U <User> -P <passwd> -D <jdbc driver> -URL <jdbc url>
Refer to the
jdbc.propertiesfile for the values of <
jdbc url>, <
user> and <
This provides a list of all the columns whose lengths must be taken into consideration when building dbclasses for the prepared statements to function correctly. This requires all the CHAR fields to be padded to their column length.
- If you
extended the resource XML file,
orderApprovalGreexTemplate.xml, and want to enable the customer rating feature, add the following element under the Order element in the
<Customer CustomerKey=""> <CustomerAnalytics GradeCode=""/> </Customer>
If you were using property encryption in your old runtime and want to use property
encryption in Release 9.5, use the
<INSTALL_DIR>/properties/customer_overrides.propertiesfile to enable property encryption.