Configure pricing enterprise rules
Pricing enterprise rules screen allows you to configure enterprise-specific pricing rules.
About this task
The pricing enterprise rules are configured by enterprises that use the pricing entities for functional operations. You can configure the pricing enterprise rules in Business Center by using the Pricing Enterprise Rules screen.
- Navigate to the Pricing Enterprise Rules screen. To
navigate to the Pricing Enterprise Rules screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Business Center as a system administrator or a system setup administrator.
- From the Organization menu, select the organization for which you want to apply the rules.
- From the System Setup home page, expand the
Pricing menu, and then click Pricing Enterprise
Rules. The Pricing Enterprise Rules screen is displayed.
- Perform the following steps to add General information:
- Select Prevent execution of automatic pricing rule for quotes and orders
derived from quotes if you do not want automatic pricing rules to be applied on the
quote. For example, if a company that provides cable, internet, and phone services offer a smaller business of 50 internet connections and 40 phones lines at a specific discount. The sales team would not want regular retail pricing rules to interfere with their quote process. In such scenarios, users have the flexibility to select Prevent execution of automatic pricing rule for quotes and orders derived from quotes to prevent the automatic pricing rule from being applied to the quotes.
- Select Use seller's time zone for pricing rule and price list, if you want to use the seller's or store's time zone for the pricing rule and price list. If you select the check box, the price lists and pricing rules are effective at the seller or store locale instead of the installation (server) locale.
- Select Allow negative order line total after applying promotions, if the order line total can have negative value after you apply the pricing rules.
- Select Ignore discounted order lines while evaluating and applying order
total rules, if you want the order total rules not to consider all the qualified items.
For example, if discount is applied on the items of an order or a quote, then if the check box is selected, all the discounted lines is ignored when you apply the order total promotions.
- Select Calculate prorated adjustments across lines, if you want to enable the calculation of prorated adjustments across each order lines.
- Select Do not consider item level non- instant pricng rules while evaluating order total rules, if you do not want the enterprise to include non-instant discount pricing rules as part of order total calculations.
- Select Maintain pricing data at seller level if you want only the price lists and pricing rules that are created by seller or store to be used for price calculation, irrespective of their seller or store assignments.
- Select Apply pricing rules cumulatively if you want the
enterprise to apply the pricing rules cumulatively. For example, if there is 10% discount rule for an item in promotion 1, and a 5% discount on the same item in promotion 2, then the combined discount for this item would be 14.5 dollars if the item is worth 100 dollarsNote: This configuration is applicable only for pricing rules, which gives percentage-based adjustments. Apply absolute adjustments before applying percentage adjustments would be enabled only after you select this rule.
- Select Apply absolute adjustments before applying percentage
adjustments if you want to apply absolute adjustments before you apply the percentage
adjustments. Note: By default percentage discounts are applied first.
- Select Process pricing rules sequentially by exclusivity ID to process the pricing rule based on exclusivity the ID.
- Select Enable multiple price types if you want to enable the price type.
- Select Enable Order Attribute Filters if you want to enable the order attribute filters for price lists and pricing rules. To support order attribute filters, an attribute domain for order attributes is created when this rule is enabled. Once it is created, the attribute domain persists even if the rule is disabled later on.
- In the Number of days to be considered for determining the lowest price on
returns without receipt, enter the number of days that must be considered for
determining the lowest price on return of an item without receipt. For example, if the customer does not have a receipt and the original order cannot be identified, a price for the returning item can still be retrieved since the users have the flexibility to complete a search for the lowest price for the item within the specified time period.
- Select Prevent execution of automatic pricing rule for quotes and orders derived from quotes if you do not want automatic pricing rules to be applied on the quote.
- Perform the following steps to add the Price List Selection Overrides information:
- Select When a customer hierarchy exists, select the price list that is most closely assigned to the customer in the hierarchy rather than selecting the lowest price from all the price lists assigned to all the customers in the hierarchy check box, if you want to use the price list that is directly assigned to the customer or, if this price list is not available, use the price list that is assigned to the closest customer in the customer hierarchy. If you do not select this check box, all price lists in the customer hierarchy that are shared with the child customers are used.
- Select When multiple regions exist, select the price list that is assigned to the most granular level rather than selecting the lowest price from all the price lists assigned to a region that matches the customers region check box, if you want to use the price list that is assigned to the exact region or, if this price list is not available, use the price list that is assigned to the closest region in the region hierarchy. If you do not select this check box, all price lists in the region hierarchy are used.
- Select Exclude customer profile assignment rules if direct assignment exists check box, if you want to use the price list that is assigned to a customer, if it exists, rather than the price list assigned to customer attributes. If you do not select this check box, both the price list that is assigned to the customer and the price list that is assigned to customer attributes are used.
- Select one of the following for the computing prices for the product:
- Customer assignments takes precedence if you want the customer assignments to take precedence over the seller or store assignments.
- Seller assignments takes precedence if you want the seller or store assignments to take precedence over the customer assignments.
- Consider both and choose lowest if you want to consider both the assignments and choose the lowest price list.
- Click Save.