Creating and modifying a service resource
A service resource in Sterling Order Management System Software is used to define one or more people that work as a team, and is represented as a single entity, that can perform provided or delivery services.
About this task
Each resource has a calendar associated with it by either selecting one of the calendars defined by the node of the resource pool it belongs to, or using a node's shipping calendar. Services resources are associated with a single resource pool.
You can also associate team members with a service resource that can be selected to perform work order tasks in the Application Console.
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Resource Capacity > Resource Pools.
- In the Resource Pool Details window, choose the Create New icon from the Resources table. The Service Resources Details pop-up window displays.
- Enter information in the applicable fields. Refer to Table 1 for field value descriptions.
Table 1. Service resource details window Field Description Resource ID The name of the Resource as you want it to appear. Calendar Use Node's Calendar Select this option if the service resource being configured should use the shipping calendar of the node the resource pool is associated with. Use Calendar Select this option if the service resource being configured should use a calendar that is not the node's shipping calendar. Calendar Select a calendar for the service resource to use. The calendars of the node as well as the calendars of the primary enterprise of the node display in the drop-down list. Contact Address The service resource's contact address.
Choose the Details icon to enter an address.
Choose the Contact Info tab to view additional contact information.
Team Members Use this inner panel to add team members to your service resource. These team members are added to work order appointments when this resource is selected to run the appointment.
- Click the Add User icon to add team members to the service resource.
- Click the Remove User icon to remove the selected team members from the service resource.
User ID The identifier of the team member associated with this resource. User Name The name of the team member associated with this resource.
- Choose the Save icon.