Adding a region serviced by the resource pool
You can associate regions that define the set of geographical areas a resource pool services.
About this task
You can also specify the days of week and time of day that the resource pool services a given region as well as specify whether the region is the resource pool's primary region. If a region is not marked as a primary region, it is only considered if all other resource pools that may have been configured with the region marked as a primary region have no available capacity.
To add a region to a resource pool:
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Resource Capacity > Resource Pools.
- In the Resource Pool Search window, perform the following
- Enter the applicable search criteria and choose the Search icon. A list of resource pools displays.
- Choose the appropriate resource pool, and choose the Details icon. The Resource Pool Details window is displayed
- In the Resource Pool Details window, select the
By Regions Onlyradio button if you would like to add a region for all time slots for a given day, or
By Regions And Slotsif you want to pick the time of day to service a specific region. Click the Create New icon from the Regions table. The Region Search pop-up window displays.
- Enter the applicable search criteria and click the Search icon. A list of regions displays.
- Select the region you want to add to the resource pool and click the
Create New icon. The region is added to the Regions table in the Resource Pool Details
- If you want to select a child region or browse through the region hierarchy, select the applicable parent region and choose the Zoom In icon. In the Explore Region pop-up window select the applicable child region from the region tree and choose the Create New icon. You can also navigate within this window to browse through the complete region hierarchy until you find the region you want to select.
- In the Regions table, select the Primary check box if the resource pool is a primary provider of the region and select the check boxes of the days of the week for each time slot, if applicable, when the resource pool can fulfill a service to the region.